Friday, September 6, 2013

Check one, two... is this thing on?

It has been a long time since I have published an entry for my blog... about two years actually.  I remember being so dedicated in my mind that I was going to write every week, or at least every month, well surely once a quarter would suffice.  How wrong I was.  I read through all my entries tonight, laughing at the younger, naive Joy.  I find it amazing how much my mind has shifted, how my thoughts, goals and desires have transitioned, and the incredible people who have come into my life the past few years.

I graduated just under a week ago and leaving for Nepal in 8 short days on September 14th.  What?  How did this all happen?  Am I really doing this?  I sit drinking a glass of wine staring at 3 x 50lb bags full of medical supplies I am shuttling over wondering when I am actually going to pack and what exactly am I going to pack?  I still have a week. Procrastination at its finest.

I acknowledge this entry is not going to be very exciting or long, but I realized the importance of resurrecting the blog not only to document my impending adventure overseas with the Acupuncture Relief Project, but to help fill the void I have been missing with writing and sharing my thoughts as ridiculous they may be.  It will be important for me to keep up with blogging for my practice and hey, all the kids really ARE doing it.

I implore you to read my past entries as some of them really are quite amusing, but keeping in mind that was the younger Joy writing (because I am SO old now).  I never thought I would be sitting here tonight NOT working Music Fest NW, but preparing to leave the country to volunteer my time with such virgin Acupuncture skills that I have, to help the less fortunate for two months in rural Nepal.  There is no doubt that this is going to be quite the adventure.  Do keep an eye out for future entries and I shall do my best not to let too much time lapse before the next one.



"Mellow is the man
Who knows what he's been missing
Many, many men
Can't see the open road"

Over The Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin


No comments:

Post a Comment